This lemon pepper chicken thighs recipe is one of the easiest to cook on the grill with just 1 ingredient.
TIP: Grill the chicken thighs skin down for crispy skin!
Lemon Pepper Chicken Thighs
- 1 Grill
- 1 Pair Of Tongs
- 1 Cup Lemon Pepper
- Clean up the chicken thighs
- Season them with lemon pepper
- Preheat grill to 350 F.
- Cook chicken thighs indirect for 30 minutes
- Check Internal temperature
What does taste better than lemon pepper chicken thighs on the grill? This easy recipe I have used many times and it always tastes great because of its simplicity.
All you need are some chicken thighs and lemon pepper.
- To start you can clean up the chicken thighs a little if needed.
- Now rub them with lemon pepper and let them sit for a while. (I prefer overnight)
- Don’t overseason them. Lemon pepper can be a little overpowering!
- Heat up your grill to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grill the chicken indirectly. (You can find here to read what and how about indirect grilling)
- After about 30 minutes it is time to check the internal temperature. The safe internal temperature for poultry is 180 degrees Fahrenheit
- Now use your tongs, take them off the grill and they are ready to serve.
Technically chicken is safe to eat at 165 degrees Fahrenheit but it might be a little tough to eat. 180 degrees, however, will make them juicier.
To test the internal temperature I use a pocket thermometer and that is better than guessing if the temperature is right.
My Lemon Pepper seasoned chicken thighs. Ready to go on the grill.
You can find all my other recipes on my grill recipes page.
Eddie van Aken
Eddie van Aken has years of experience in running his full-service restaurant and with this came working with using and dealing with all types of kitchen equipment. With his experience, he is able to find all the pros and cons of grills and add them to the grill reviews he is doing. You can read more on the about page for Eddie van Aken