At the time of my writing, it is pouring outside and I am sure many people ask themself the question can you grill in the rain?
“Here is my personal opinion!”
BBQing in the rain is one of those things that’s either really romantic or really stupid.
There’s something about standing over a hot grill in the pouring rain, working up a sweat as you cook for your loved ones. But as any good griller knows, grilling in the rain can be a pain in the ass.
Here are a few tips for those brave souls who insist on grilling in the rain.
Can I Grill In The Rain?
It’s the middle of summer and you’ve got a hankering for some BBQ. The forecast says it will rain all weekend, but you’re not about to let a little water ruin your grilling plans. So can you grill in the rain?
Here are a few tips for grilling in wet weather:
1. Make sure your grill is covered. This will protect it from rusting and keep the rain off the coals.
2. If possible, set up your grill under an awning or other shelter. This will keep the rain off you as well!
3. Keep your food covered as much as possible. This will help prevent it from getting soggy or wet.
4. Be careful of puddles!
The Pros: Grilling In The Rain Can Be Fun?
Grilling in the rain can be fun if you know how to do it right. Here are some tips to make sure your grilling experience is a good one, even when the weather isn’t cooperating.
- Make sure you have a good quality grill that can withstand the elements. Nothing ruins a cookout quicker than a soggy, smoky mess.
- Be sure to have plenty of fuel on hand to keep the fire going strong. You don’t want your burgers turning into charred cinders!
- Consider using a waterproof tarp or cover to keep your grill dry and protected from the rain.
- Don’t forget the most important ingredient: a sense of adventure! Embrace the wet weather and enjoy grilling in the great outdoors!
- Always have a fire extinguisher handy in case of any accidents.
- Wear appropriate clothing for the weather conditions. This means no flip-flops or open-toed shoes! Instead, use a good BBQ apron.
The Cons: Grilling In The Rain Can Be Dangerous.
Grilling in the rain may seem like a fun way to spend a summer day, but there are some dangers you should be aware of before you fire up the grill. Here are a few things to keep in mind next time you’re grilling in the rain.
1. Wet weather can cause fires to spread more quickly. If you’re grilling in the rain, be sure to keep a close eye on your grill and keep it away from any flammable materials.
2. Grease and water don’t mix. When grease from your burgers or hot dogs drips into the flames, it can cause an explosion. Be careful when handling any food that’s been cooked on a wet grill.
3. You’ll need to clean your grill more often if you’re using it in the rain.
Grilling In The Rain – My Opinion
Grilling in the rain is totally doable! Just make sure you have the right gear and you’re good to go. So next time a summer storm rolls in, don’t let it ruin your cookout plans. Grab your umbrella and get grilling! You can read more outdoor cooking tips on this special page.
Eddie van Aken
Eddie van Aken has years of experience in running his full-service restaurant and with this came working with using and dealing with all types of kitchen equipment. With his experience, he is able to find all the pros and cons of grills and add them to the grill reviews he is doing. You can read more on the about page for Eddie van Aken